Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tonsilectomy..

Well, yesterday i got my tonsils removed! Wooo! it was pretty interesting. first, we were told i was late, but turns out i was put into surgery late! so, at 8:30 we get in there, i put on my giant hospital gown, then i got my IV in! yikes! i did not like that at all. me and mom were being so loud too though! just laughing and talking. then around 10:50 a nurse came and rolled me down to the operating room. and asked me if iv ever gotten surgery before, then another nurse came out, and they were both calling me a surgery virgin! so funny! then the anesthetic doctor came in wondering what we were all laughing at and so the ladies tell him about me being a virgin. then i get oxygen and the anesthetic and my body starts going numb from the toes up..and i'm out! when i wake up i have 2 nurses over me asking if im awake and i just nod my head. the next thing i noticed was that i could breathe through my nose! i was sooooo happy! then i noticed how much my throat hurt. so when the nurse asked me to rate the pain i had to say 8, and a new nurse came and gave me a pain reliever. then after becoming stabilized, i was rolled back to the area i was in before i went into surgery. and from there every hour i got my blood pressure done and id be sleeping half the time. a nurse would come and ask mom if i was awake or not. i was there til 5:00. i had to have help to get up and pee once. and before i was going home, i felt really nauseous, and so the nurse who had been looking after me, put some gravol through my IV. i got a wheel chair ride down to the lobby and Ron came and drove us home. we were barely driving when i threw up. after that i felt better. and i ate yogurt, pudding, and ice cream for supper last night cuz i was so hungry from not eating all day. and lots of water. and now, iv been sitting at home all day, mom and i worked on my art project and went to Safeway for more food. and my Demerol medication makes me dizzy and nauseous when my T3s only make me drowsy.
Anywho...
love janie

No comments:

Post a Comment