Monday, June 4, 2012

In a Far Away Land..

The past year in Thunder Bay with Cole has been amazing. We made new friends..well more like Cole made new friends then I just tagged along until I became friends too. But I wouldn't change my time there ever. It was amazing, eventful, meaningful; I learned a lot, made mistakes..and through it all, Cole was there by my side. He never once gave up on me, nor I on him. We kept each other strong, faithful, peaseful and feeling loved.
Now its been a month and a half since school finished for the year..and its been a month and a half since I last saw Cole, felt him, smelled him, and heard his voice. Well, that's if you don't include skype or phone calls, but we've only had a few times of those. Cole started working for a forestry company, called Sumac, on May 1st. He's done training for 5 days, then out in the bush for 5 days with weekends off. On May 28th, he started his first set of 10days in the bush with 4 days off. I've been counting down the days..and it does not help pass the time or make me miss him less. Only 2 more days until he gets back home, 2 more days until I get to see his amazing smile of skype and probably cry because I miss him so much.
Sometimes I think about what I will do the next time I see him, and I mean for real..not just on skype. Will I stand frozen, wondering if it's really him? Or will I scream and run to him, with his arms scooping me up into a big hug? Will I kiss him until I can't breathe? I think I would prolly do all of these things, in some kind of order. I would probably freeze, realize it's actually him, scream then run into his arms and kiss him until I cannot breathe or until our lips hurt! There would probably be some crying somewhere in there. Then I would smile until my face hurt and never let his hand go. I'd make him take me to the bathroom just so I wouldn't have to take my hand from his.
Why does love make someone feel so many emotions at once? It's astounding to think that while I may be annoyed at Cole for something, I'd be thinking about how handsome he is or how I love how warm and smooth his skin is. Or I'd be crying one moment because I hurt myself, or something bad happened..but as soon as Cole even hints at a smile, I cannot help but smile with him..and then I'm instantly happy. He is contagious in so many ways..from his mesmerizing smile to his comforting touch. Love is an amazing thing; God is one spectacular being for bringing such a thing into the world. Through Him, the Holy Spirit, through Jesus, and the love of your boyfriend or husband. It's unfathomable!

love janie

No comments:

Post a Comment