Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lost..

So..I know many people have watched the show LOST, well..I just started. And it is, in a sense, addicting! It's addicting because you want to know when these people will be rescued, when one of the monsters will come and get them, what everyone is thinking each day that they aren't rescued and what are all the secrets of each person's life before the plane crash. Well..as I watch this, I notice that while I am so interest in what everyone has done in the past or what brought them to be on this plane..I think about how glad I am that I wasn't on that plane! I think about what I would do if I was one of those people. Well..I believe that I would be freaking out! Then I would be crying out to God to save me, or at least help me to calm down. And somewhere in the back of my mind I would be wishing I was one of the many people who did not survive the crash. Especially because living on a dangerous, creepy, unknown island would make me think of how wonderful Heaven would be at this very moment; how much better it would be. But, because I had survived, I would focus my energy on surviving and building my relationship with God. I would do what I could to be supportive and helpful but also in some way help bring pease to those through God. Another significant thought, no matter how lost I would be to the rest of the world, I would never be lost to God. He would know exactly where I was. :)
But, the more I watch this show, I realize in a way..I am lost. I realize that there are times in my walk with Christ that I feel completely confused and lost. I don't know what to do or how to act; what my choices are or what it is that God wants me to do. I feel lost because I can't hear God, I don't get signs from Him for what I should be doing! Especially when it comes to what path I should choose in my future career..do I go on to get a Masters degree in Psych or do I go on to become a guidance counsiler..well..I have no idea! Although, I do trust and know that it some way, God will help me with my choices, whether making me fail an exam or pass one. Or giving me words of widsom for an important essay or soemthing; in one way or another, He will help me through my lost moments and give me understanding. If I gambler, I would bet my life that God will help me through anything. And because I know God loves me, even with all my baggage; He will bring me on His path that He has made for me. I will never be lost with my Father by my side.

love janie

No comments:

Post a Comment